rocky mouth rappel (canyoneering) - July 4, 2022
The waterfall can be rapped in two stages. The first rappel is a little over 30 feet off of a solid tree. The final rappel is a little over 80 feet over a large boulder and down a chute. You will get wet, westsuits are NOT required.
I will bring 2 ropes but if you have ropes, feel free to bring them.
Required Equipment: water, harness, helmet, rappel device, and carabiners.
Optional Equipment: webbing, quick links, pocket knife, figure 8 or other blocking device, rope, VT prusiks or ascending device, personal anchor.
- Dress appropriately for warm weather (warm weather attire, closed toe shoes that can get wet, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, and whatever else you may need to stay comfortable for the day).
- No +1 RSVPs. If you know someone who would like to attend, please have them join the meetup group and sign up using their own account.
- If there is inclement weather we will try other options.
- Restrooms will not be available.
- By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you acknowledge, understand, accept, and agree that: Canyoneering and other outdoor activities can be dangerous and can cause serious bodily injury and possibly death; The organizers of this meetup and current and former members cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for the actions of any participant - including you - at any event; You release and forever discharge the organizers jointly and severally from any actions, causes of actions, claims, damage, loss including death or injury which may be sustained from participating in this Meetup event.
- All attendees are participating at this event at their own risk and are solely responsible for any damage to their property, and/or any injury or loss in whatever form to themselves or their guests.
- By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you affirm that you understand this disclaimer and release, and that you knowingly and voluntarily agree not to bring any type of claim including a lawsuit or other action arising out of or related to this Meetup event against the organizers of this Meetup group.
- Review the Acknowledgment of Risk, and Release from Liability form - https://www.wasatchmountainclub.org/docs/ActivityReleaseForm1Page.pdf
|Date:||Mon Jul 4 2022|
|Meeting Place:||Rocky Mouth Trailhead|
|Meeting Time:||8:00 am|